Only real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) can call themselves REALTORS®. The rest call themselves Real Estate Agents. All REALTORS® adhere to NAR’s strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That’s why all real estate licensees are NOT the same. Dedicated to serving America’s property owners at both local and national levels, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, The Voice for Real Estate®, is the largest professional association at over one million members strong. So, whether you’re buying or selling a home — it pays to work with a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo when choosing your real estate agent.
7 Reasons to Work With a REALTOR®
REALTORS® aren’t just agents. They’re professional members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict code of ethics. This is the REALTOR® difference for home buyers:
- Ethical treatment. Every REALTOR® must adhere to a strict code of ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. As a REALTOR®’s client, you can expect honest and ethical treatment in all transaction-related matters. The first obligation is to you, the client.
- An expert guide. Buying a home usually requires dozens of forms, reports, disclosures, and other technical documents. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal, and avoid delays or costly mistakes. Also, there’s a lot of jargon involved, so you want to work with a professional who can speak the language.
- Objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They also have objective information about each property. REALTORs® can use that data to help you determine if the property has what you need. By understanding both your needs and search area, they can also point out neighborhoods you don’t know much about but that might suit your needs better than you’d thought.
- Expanded search power. Sometimes properties are available but not actively advertised. A REALTOR® can help you find opportunities not listed on home search sites and can help you avoid out-of-date listings that might be showing up as available online but are no longer on the market.
- Negotiation knowledge. There are many factors up for discussion in a deal. A REALTOR® will look at every angle from your perspective, including crafting a purchase agreement that allows enough time for you to complete inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase.
- Up-to-date experience. Most people buy only a few homes in their lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. Even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS® handle hundreds of transactions over the course of their career.
- Your rock during emotional moments. A home is so much more than four walls and a roof. And for most people, property represents the biggest purchase they’ll ever make. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on the issues most important to you.
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online http://realtormag.realtor.org/
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®:
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market, prices, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties.
- Will market your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Will know when, where and how to best market your property.
- Can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- Can help you negotiate.
- Can help you determine your buying power.
- Provides guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.